Montfort youth Carnival

It was Sunday yesterday!
and ... whats so special about it??

its just a SUNDAY rite?!

NO!

its the last Sunday in Malaysia for me and gosh.. i actually felt I loved Malaysian food ever since yesterday!
yup.. only since yesterday.

So, went for mass as usual early in the morning
and after mass.. my little nephews *naughty kids* and my cute adorable niece which just started primary school this year were clinging on to my shirt and even threaten me that if i din make it for the carnival this year.. they will never gonna give me my hair clip back
which actually holds my hair then!

so yeap.. i promised to go after all the pinching and poking
and they gave me back my 'life' clip

Went home awhile to get some money $$$ and off went my parents and I to the
'Montfort Youth Carnival 2009'

It was my first time going for this carnival
although it was a yearly activity

hm.. wondering what was that carnival about?
Whats Montfort??
Montfort Youth Centre (MYC)
is located in the village of Ayer Salak in the state of Melaka in West Malaysia. The centre currently caters to some 40 boys in residential care. A hostel building and an additional workshop building are under way for a fuller campus to increase the capacity to 120 boys in the coming years. Currently the boys are prepared for the Malaysian skills certificate programme in Motor Mechanics and Computer maintenance.

MYC is dependent on public donations for its operations. All donations are granted exemption under Malaysian income tax.

So basically,
the carnival was more to us people having fun while the money we paid for the games were for donations for MYC

and am again proud to announce that
I supported them this year!!

Here are some of the pictures I took during the carnival



the two singers were awsome!!



the stalls!! where all the games and FOOD are..



the stall car trolley for visitors
*actually i kinda forgot the real name for it.. hehehe*

The BEST PART of the carnival for me is......
tada!!

my very FIRST 'INAI'


Starting!!



in the process..
btw, the girl who did the Inai for me was from my secondary school!
but she left years before i went in that school
cool rite!!





FINISH!!

waiting for it to dry..

... and thats what it looks like after the top layer peels off
its officially DONE!



suppose to last about one or two weeks *depends*

oh ya!!
on the way home, mum brought dad and me to visit my mom's mom (my grandma) church.
as in the church she went

it was near the carnival. about 500m away..



super rite!!


[carnival case]

Comments

Popular Posts