an experience

date : 17/04/2009 to 19/04/2009

you must be wondering what on earth happened on the dates above. Might it be the day superman learn how to fly? or.. jimmy neutron, the smart-ie learn that he can be smart even in the real human world instead of the cartoon mania only? or even the day spongeBob discovered that he would die because he is a sponge and is living under water that makes his absorb all the water?










cut the crap
Honestly, its none of the above

The dates above actually states the dates i went to work for my first ever job! yeah!! at last. a J.O.B. Work for 3 days at the pc fair from 10am to 10++ pm. Its long hours did not stop me from working my first ever job. The fair was for 3 days at makota parade Melaka, on the top floor also known as the cinema and bowling alley floor

I was so excited to go for work on the 17th which was also my first day at my FIRST job that i could not sleep the night before. Plus, I woke up as soon as mum called me in the morning to get ready for work which was normally a tough task for her as i sleep like a log. It is as though even the tornadoes and earthquakes can't wake me up normally.. pheww.. must be really tough being mum cos alarm clocks don't work for me at all! U need to bang and call an elephant to kick me till i reach the North Pole for me to get out of bed! *mum just need to shout actually*

So, i went to the office to get my pass and the bright yellow vest for my first day at work.




Was a little blur at first but slowly i learn from the seniors especially MR. Wong. Mr. Wong is what he wants me to call him but he is not old at all! He looks like a teddy bear to me and is really a nice guy. He taught me about the laptops that i needed to promote and he was one of those few guys who did not steal my customers away. so sweet of him rite? There were a few of them who just eagerly took my customers like it was theirs and that totally made me mad cos my products as in laptops on my side are not as good deal as theirs. So, when i get to sell even one laptop to the customers, it means a big deal to me.

The experience as a promoter is a totally different experience all together. I got to me different kinds of people and that includes character too especially. Some of them were the very very quiet that they do not ask any questions at all and just let me talk all the way where else some were very demanding and spoke with a loud voice. Some will complain about the products to me as though i own the company and some will say great things bout the products. However overall, i am grateful that none of the customers scolded me but praised me instead!
I played my recorded lyrics for each laptop telling more about each laptop as soon as customers were about a foot away from the booth.



I learn that when i do not understand something, it is very important to ask someone who knows better and in this case, mr.wong. He back me up in stuffs i did not know and at least he understood that i was a first timer, not like the boss which totally made many customers run away.
Its not my fault that i can not sell much. I explained everything i could and even lied about some products just to buy the customers heart *so now each time u buy something, make sure you know about the products and not fall into the promoters trap* but what can i do more? The deals are just not that good compared to the rest.
So what if u are the boss? It is not as though u own the whole pc fair or the king of the jungles..




not going to rant bout some freaking boss cos it might just pollute my blog

Anyway, most of the time, the customers do NOT ask me about laptops but what race i am. huh?? what a question. There were more than 10 customers who ask me that question and many even tried to flirt! gosh.. think they need to go for rehabilitation. Do they know what place this is? its PC FAIR. The place that you get to buy electrical items at a special price and not flirting with a special girl like me. :P
However i managed to get away with many.

At the end of each day, I could hardly feel my foot and had nightmares of selling laptops after more than 12 hours of standing non-stop including breaks which we did not really have.

Keelyn and me were on the same side of the booth and were counting our way till the end of 3 days in the sauna. It was hot there, the air-cond were not really working, there were lots of people, and the only thing we had for ourselves were the small USB fan thanks to mr.wong again. He got it for us.

We even made friends with the people beside our booth. They were from BenQ (also selling laptops) and Canon (camera). Really nice people. Thanks for the sweets guys!
and fei.. a girl from canon.. you were really nice to us *keelyn and me*. thanks!

Here are some pics i took at the end of the fair when everything was taken out. Did not have time before so.. yeah...


i work on the right hand side booth which is 89% taken down


the man on the ladder actually moves around on the same ladder! ON!




lucky that pc fair is over and am getting my pay soon. If not.. my foot might separate from my body!

However, I did have an experience i will never forget! :)

Comments

  1. i tagged u! read ma blog~ and... yeah, same here, glad its over and done with... the benQ n canon people better den our own shop wan man... btw heard anot? no commision noe... its KFC vouchers instead~ urgh!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts